December 7, 2013
10 Things I've Learned After 10 Years In France
1) You never get tired of the fromage
2) Speaking confidently on the telephone in French finally does get easier
3) The French have a love/hate relationship with American food and trends.
4) Learning to argue your point when you need to return something or aren't satisfied with a service is essential for survival
5) Owning a clothes dryer is overrated, most of the time
6) Nuxe products are fabulous!
7) The chocolat chaud is better here
8) French women do get fat. And get drunk in public. And leave the house wearing sweats from time to time. And are not the perfect creatures that the rest of the world makes them out to be. (Here's a little secret that no one wants you to know: they are normal, just like the rest of us)
9) Bureaucratic hiccups aren't only reserved for expats
10) Take time to celebrate and appreciate the little things - time with friends and family, a flaky croissant, a day at the beach, a surprisingly great meal, a gorgeous view