June 16, 2014

The Paris Apartment

Paris Angles

Some friends of mine need your help.
They are a couple moving from the US who are looking for an apartment to rent in Paris for at least 1 year, starting in September, October or November 2014.
Even though they have steady work, their dossier isn't very "strong" in the Parisian sense, so going through an agent will most likely be futile. And even though they are financially stable, they don't have enough money to put a year's worth of rent into an account as a guarantee.

So I thought I would do my best to help them out and share what they need.
Maybe someone I know or a friend of a friend is looking for long term renters who come with great references and a strong financial dossier? Hopefully?

Paris Skyline

Paris

What they would like:

  • 1 bedroom
  • at least 30 square meters
  • furnished (or even partly)  
  • an elevator if higher than 1st floor (European)
  • can be outside of Paris, but with access to the Metro, not the RER
  • good light
  • budget around €1000 a month, charges included would be preferred, but that is negotiable
If you have the possibility to help, have any questions or would like their email, please contact me at louloufrance@gmail.com.
Merci!

Paris

Paris




Pin It

4 comments:

LauraInSeattle said...

Have you posted this on slowtrav.com yet? Someone living in Paris might be able to help.

Jennifer said...

I doubt they thought about that. Thanks for the idea, Laura!

JeremyOlm said...

I personally think it will not hurt trying to go through an estate agent which is a more trusted and stable platform. Yes, advertising on online modes is much simpler and could possibly reach out to a wider target audience, but an estate agent has direct and ready contacts so the chances of getting a unit of your choice is much higher. Nevertheless, nothing is impossible in this tech-savvy era, thus the potential is still present. Wish your friends very good luck!

Jennifer said...

Jeremy
I see that you are an agent in the UK and am not sure if you are aware of how it works in France. I don't know how it works where you are, but estate agents in Paris expect you to have a CDI, and often a guarantor. I don't have a CDI, so was asked that my parents guarantee a lease for me. I am 45 years old, own a home in the south of France and my parents live in the USA! It is unlike any other system of renting I have ever seen.
So, sadly, an agent in Paris will not work with them.